Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I can't believe you really bathed me."

"I can't believe you really bathed me."
Oil on canvas
12" x 12"
(A commentary on feline bewilderment with human behavior.)

Oh my! This guy was just so cute and forlorn (as any dripping wet cat has the right to be) that I had to paint him. Plus, I had so much fun painting my Aunt's cat, Muffin, and then another cat for a client...that I just had to keep going.

I really do best love the expressions on some of these put-upon cats. The cat portrait for the client was dignified, but Muffin was also captured post-bath and ALSO not very excited about the fact.




I do not officially endorse soaking a cat just to send me adorable shots of forlorn or pissed-off kitty faces...but I won't turn them down either!

Here seen more close-up...I might do a bunch of these and print a set of greeting cards and this would be a good composition for something along those lines.


1 comment: