Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Coming home...

This is a sight that my Mom is more familiar with, having commuted to the East Bay for many years, but I rarely pass over the San Mateo - Hayward bridge anymore, although I grew up not far from it...

On this day I was driving home from an all day meeting and I was so, so tempted pass on the chance to snap some pictures, give into exhaustion and simply drive home. I'm glad I didn't though as this little acrylic is really starting to grow on me.

I've been spending more time on the road at sunset in the last 6 months and when I started snapping pictures I thought it was all in vain - my phone would never pick up the detail I needed to paint from.

Turns out that removing some detail created an opening for me to be more creative and make the painting be what I wanted and not merely a replica of the photograph.


"Coming home..."
Acrylic on canvas board.
9" x 12"
2011

No comments:

Post a Comment