Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby Audree on Patricia's lap...

My little nieceling! Isn't she so cute?! I did this portrait from the picture below. It is the first portrait of anyone I know that I have attempted (other than myself). I have always been afraid to paint anyone I know...what if they think I made them look ugly, or bad, or just unflattering.

I guess I thought I would have to deal with, "You think I look like THAT!?" and feel bad...would they believe me when I said I'm still learning...or would their feelings stay hurt?

Well, little Audree can't talk yet...and by the time she knows this is her she will look totally different and *hopefully* have no problem with it.

Actually, yesterday I painted another person too...an adult! So thanks Audree, for breaking me out of a rut I was in. I think I'll paint all my friends now!

1 comment: