Monday, November 16, 2009

Wings (finished)



I finished these in time to wear them for Halloween this year. They are for sale, and I have to say, they are EXCELLENT for San Francisco parties. Throw 'em on...instant sexy costume ladies!

The wings are handmade using leather 'feathers.' Layers are alternated between the suede side of the leather and the smooth, shiny side for additional contrast. Mounted on a heavy wire frame/harness, these will fit anybody. The wire is just bendable enough for minor adjustments while still holding shape and being sturdy.

I took special care to keep them tight to the back so that they would not stick out and catch on everything. I was in a very packed crowd, and while the wings did catch a little when shouldering by people, it was quite manageable.

4 comments:

  1. Is it still possible to buy a set of these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley,

      THanks for your comment. It's so nice to hear that someone would like to wear these around - I certainly had fun rocking them around SF from time to time.

      I believe I do still have this pair and a smaller pair packed away somewhere from when I moved out of my art studio.

      If you're crafty I highly recommend the rewards of constructing a pair just how you like them. If you really like these though, I can try to find them and we can talk about a price.

      Margeaux

      Delete
  2. Hi Margeaux,

    I just wanted to say thank you for posting these incredible wings. Your example helped me create my own pair, which was a super fun project that I may never have finished without referencing your photos. Thought you should know you are inspiring. :)

    Keep on "making"! You rock!

    Stef

    ReplyDelete